Use the CEO job description you created in M2.7.
OR Business (Business Analyst)Use the Business Analyst job description you created in M2.7.
Use the Security Guard job description you created in M2.7.
Use the Security Analyst job description you created in M2.7.
Use the Healthcare Administrator job description you created in M2.7.Public AdministrationUse the City Manager job description you created in M2.7.
1. Describe your job description writing process and why you chose to include the components you chose.
Monster (2021) states that a good job description has some critical steps for it to be considered “winning”:
· List the everything you require (essentials), in order
· Make the description so that the applicant can visualize what it’s like to work at your company.
· Provide what it would take to succeed at your company
I wanted to ensure that the description was simple but included all pertinent information and that the information was given in a logical order (Monster, 2021). This is to ensure that it is clear, and the job is understood by the candidate. When a job description is not clear a potential candidate may pass over the posting. Job description clarity will also mitigate misunderstandings later in the process. Also, the clear job description allows for the candidate’s qualifications and attributes to be compared to the job description itself (Rohr, 2016).
2. Detail a timeline for a job you want to hire for.
The posting will stay open for 30 days (may be extended if the right candidate has not been attained.) The process should be a quick and through as possible to not lose the desired candidate. Some positions, due to complexities, may take longer than others, but the process should only take as long as needed.
Week 2: Application reviews; select qualified candidates (based on applications and resume)
Week 3-4: Conduct pre-interview screening calls
Week 5: Conduct interviews with select candidates
Week 6: Follow-up interviews
Week 7: Offer letters / calls
Week 8: Start onboarding
3. Detail who will be involved in the interview process and why.
Security Team Lead – the person the candidate will be working with on a regular basis
Manager/s – will have interaction with managers on duty
Hiring Manager – Administrative purposes
4. Discuss 3-5 questions you would recommend for the initial screening.
What industries have you worked in as a security guard?
What were your responsibilities in your last security role?
What are some types of security systems that you have work with?
Have you ever dealt with a difficult visitor? What did you do in this situation?
Have you ever dealt with a medical issue while on shift? How did you respond?
How to write a job description. Monster.com. (2021, October 29). Retrieved November 1, 2022, from https://hiring.monster.com/resources/recruiting-strategies/talent-acquisition/how-to-write-a-job-description/
Rohr, S. L. (2016). Harnessing the power of the job description. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL DIGEST, 24(06), 8–11. https://doi.org/10.1108/HRMID-09-2015-0143
Black Cotton Apartments (Fictional)
Black Cotton Apartments in Lake City, FL are comfortable one- and two-bedroom apartment homes. It is a resort-style community with a swimming pool and 24-hr fitness center. It is a gated community with 24-hour security.
The security guard team will protect the assigned property, promote and enforce safety and security and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
· patrol designated property to monitor and prevent intrusion, damage, hazards and breaches of security
· protect property and tenants from theft, damage, trespassing or accidents
· provide a visible presence that enforces safety and security
· identify and investigate suspicious behavior, threats and irregular activity
· respond to alarms and requests for help
· monitor and control entrance and departure of employees and visitors according to prescribed protocol
· detect and confront unauthorized persons and violators of security procedures
· check property through electronic monitoring systems
· enforce relevant laws and regulations pertaining to all individuals on the property
· report rule infractions and violations
· monitor and prevent movement of prohibited items into and out of property
· conduct exterior property checks for maintenance issues, malfunctions or hazards
· contact relevant authorities to deal with unlawful or irregular activities
· use radio or other communication devices in a clear and concise manner
· prepare written reports of daily activities, observations and incidents
· inspect and test fire and security systems
· implement the prescribed emergency plan in case of emergency
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED certificate
· State registration/license
· current and valid driving license plus a safe driving record
· knowledge of state laws and regulations
· working knowledge of security operations and safety practices
· working knowledge of enforcement policies and procedures
· working knowledge of safety equipment
· no disqualifying criminal history
· be at least 18 years of age and 21 years of age for certain positions
Key Skill Requirements
· detail-orientated and keen observation skills
· good communication skills – verbal and written
· integrity and moral fitness
· reliability and dependability
· able to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations
· able to anticipate, identify and solve problems
· judgment and decision making skills
· maintain a professional appearance and attitude
· flexible to work different schedules
· meet physical requirements
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
This question was first posted at writeden.com!